i've always wanted to visit chicago. what are your recommendations on must see places in the city and top things to do? also do you think it's a good place to move to if you're from a small town? after i graduate college i may consider moving there someday. thank you for any tips you can provide
- Cloudgate a.k.a. “The Bean” - It’s the ultimate touristy thing to do. Take a picture (or 10) while you’re in Millennium Park.
- Sears Tower - It’s the second most touristy thing to do in Chicago. Go up the elevator and check out the view from from 110 stories above the ground.
- Water Tower Place - Wonderful place to shop. There are a bunch of stores and places to eat if you feel the need. If you end up going, I recommend stopping by the Lego Store. It’s pretty nifty.
- Boystown - It’s an LGBT-friendly neighborhood with super kitschy thrift stores (Ragstock, Hollywood Mirror, Brown Elephant). Chicago Comics always has interesting things to look at, and Taboo Tabou is available for any ~bedroom needs.
- Molly’s Cupcakes - They have the BEST cupcakes in Chicago, hands down. Although it’s a bit pricey, you’ll understand why they can charge $4.00 a pop once you take your first bite.
- Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria - Great pizza. Enough said.
As for moving here, I definitely recommend it. I’ve lived here all my life and I couldn’t imagine moving anywhere else. There’s always something to do in the city, we get great concerts, experience all of the seasons, and I just love it here.